Thursday, January 1, 2009

Really, 2009?

Aah, a bright and shiny new year, just waiting for me to scratch some resolutions into its paint. I don't usually do resolutions, as my goals have been pretty basic recently, such as keep the children alive. Since I managed to accomplish* that, I am going to ask more of myself this year with specific objectives in the areas of organization (stop laughing), financial recordkeeping, and fitness (I'm serious, STOP LAUGHING). I also considered making some possible improvements in my parenting, like no yelling at the kids, at least until 10 am, but decided against setting myself up for failure. So watch out, the new and improved version of me will be coming soon! Unless all that makes me too tired.

Ethan is home. We are glad to be a complete family again. Evan randomly stops in the middle of playing and hugs him and Matt is happy to have his ranching buddy back. Ethan is full of stories about his time with Grampa and Gramma and Kirk. It seems like he is talking even better now, but maybe my standards are just lower since I've spent the past week being ordered around nonverbally.

2008 was a wonderful year for us. I pray that 2009 will again be filled with blessings, for all of you.

* Close counts in horseshoes AND childrearing.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

happy new year jen!!! love you!!!

Anonymous said...

Isn't it amazing how much a toddler can express with grunts and screams? I'll bet Ethan seemed big when he got home - especially since he had all those experiences that didn't include you! Good luck with your resolutions - don't be too hard on yourself, remember you had a new baby last year!