Friday, January 9, 2009

TGIF

To recap: Wednesday was traumatic, Thursday was really fun, Friday was looong and dull- who knows what surprises are in store for us tomorrow?! Hopefully the ice storm will clear and my parents will make it up. That should help A LOT in the mental-health department.

Yesterday Evan said three new words: teedee, while we were playing with kitties; dahdee, while petting the dog; and uh-oh each time he dropped a pretzel out of the wagon, one by one. This brings his total vocabulary to 10: mom, dad, Matt, bye-bye, nite-nite, gamma, and tay doo (thank you).


Ethan uses a lot of phrases right now. Normal questions are followed with or what? or or somefing? as in, "Should we go outside now, or what?" His favorite saying right now is "Are you kidding me?" which makes me want to roll my eyes and snap, yes, I am kidding you, I don't really want you to pick up your toys. He is also quoting a lot of Dr. Seuss books at surprisingly appropriate times. This mess is so big/so deep and so tall/we can not pick it up/there is no way at all! he'll recite when faced with the mountain of things to put away. We can have lots of good fun that is funny, he kept saying on Wednesday. It's fun to have fun/but you have to know how. Those are all from The Cat in the Hat, by the way, in case you aren't lucky enough to read it 372961 times a day. He used to call our dog (Sam) Sam-I-Am but has apparently outgrown that. :(

And now both boys are in bed, and we have survived another day, filled with our usual array of activities, each one more exciting than the last:

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jenny- I was wishing I had some really great advice, but I don't. Then I was wishing you lived within an hour and I could just come and rescue you, but you don't. So I guess all that is left is for me to keep reading your blogs and laughing, and thinking that you will also look back and laugh!...(someday) Love you! ~Em~

Jen said...

Thanks, Em! I have been fantasizing about living closer, too- especially when I hear about all the fun you and Tessa and Nancy are having! Someday I'll get really drunk and laugh about this...