Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Inauguration

Ethan used to get really excited when he saw Barack Obama on TV but I think the constant coverage today has burned him out. "I want to watch somefing that is myyyyyy fave-wit," he started whining a little while ago. "Dis is your fave-wit." Yes it was my favorite, and we had quite a fun little inauguration party. I would have traded one of the kids for the chance to be in DC (just kidding, sweetie) but we celebrated with a picnic on the living room floor and later took some musical instruments outside to have a parade of our own. Now Obama's work will begin in earnest. I pray for his continued safety and that our lawmakers will be able to work together to accomplish his inspired goals.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

I am seriously so excited for Obama to be president.
I'm so glad I'm old enough to understand because this is seriously so amazing.

=]

Sarah said...

That would be so much fun! I'll talk to Tessa about that as soon as I can.
Love ya!