Sunday, January 18, 2009

I Heart Barack Obama

I got home from a (fabulous, more on that later) baby shower just in time to catch the rerun on HBO of the inauguration kickoff celebration in Washington D.C. I started tearing up as the first camera panned the crowd and the music started. I ache to be a part of it all but will have to settle for staying glued to the TV while Matt complains about missing Dirty Jobs. My heart is so filled with hope and pride and gratitude and prayers for the safety of the Obama family. I spun my laughing children around as we danced to John Mellancamp and Garth Brooks (whom I was rather surprised to see performing), and I listened awestruck as the inspiring words of historic leaders were repeated. What an amazing, amazing time we are part of.

Ethan got a lot out of it, too. When Bruce Springsteen appeared, Ethan shouted "Wook! He pways the guitar wike me and Kirk!" Yes, Buddy, exactly like that.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

I love you and the boys very much, also.

Some weekend when swimming is over I hope to come visit with Tessa!

Jen said...

That would be awesome! It was so great to see you yesterday. Love you!