Friday, January 2, 2009

Family Fun

Matt has had the past couple days off work and we have all been enjoying these uninterrupted days together. The boys and I have helped with several ranch projects, which always leaves me with a (slightly over-inflated) sense of pride and accomplishment. Oh yeah, I drove the pickup/held the gate! I rock! That man is lucky to have me.

Tonight we went out to dinner and then sat down for a rousing game of Candyland. "We are all playing together!" Ethan kept announcing in awe. Well, if you count Evan trying to eat the cards.


We, okay, Matt, finally got the kids' Christmas present built. "Some assembly required" was a bit of an understatement, but they have really been enjoying their little kitchen so I think the labor was worth it. After we were done baking cookies this afternoon, Ethan wanted to make something else. I told him to wait til tomorrow, and he rushed over to his stove and began mixing. "I'll make somefing in my own kitchen!" he announced. Works for me.




The rosy cheeks are kinda cute, but they're starting to look a little painful. Aquaphor is not doing the trick, does anyone have any suggestions?

4 comments:

Deidre Ochsner said...

We have been just using plain old Vaseline on Lexy's cheeks and after applying about 3 times a day for a few days she looks so much better. It's a little slick and shiny but it works!

Brooke said...

I use Aquaphor on just about every skin issue we have around here. Maybe he has teeth coming in? We just figured out that that is why Dylan's cheeks have been so red! Molars - yikes!!!!

Anonymous said...

I always had good luck with vaseline applied at night.
Darling pictures and great kitchen!

Anonymous said...

Ditto to what Laura said - we would go into Sarah's room a few times during the night (making sure she had an old pillow case!). Happy 2009