Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Tidbits & Notes

Thrill (if you are a 1 or 3 year old male): A repairman came to fix my oven and the boys stood over his shoulder, enthralled, for a good 30 minutes. Evan cried when he left.


Chill: It's frickin' cold here.

Evan is boycotting his highchair. I wonder if Poison Control has an equivalent service for Head Trauma.

Dear Evan,

Changing your diaper is not something I do for my own enjoyment. It is just as thrilling for me as it is for you, which I realize is NOT AT ALL, and it is not helpful for one of us to run screaming through the house half-naked.

That goes for you, too.

Your loving mother.

Dear Ethan,

I very much appreciate all the work you do around the house. No one else is thorough enough to use an entire bottle of Swiffer cleaner on the bathroom floor. And thanks for putting some of your toys away last night. You're right- the fridge is a perfectly logical place to keep pirate guns.

Thanks again.

Love, Mom

4 comments:

Deidre Ochsner said...

I love you Jen! Hang in there!

Brooke said...

Head trauma for YOU or him????
Just hoping you AREN'T banging your head against the wall. That was supposed to be funny :)
Hang in there!!!

Jenny said...

I totally love it that your son cried when the repairman left.

Anonymous said...

Poor Evan - I can't believe you would be so mean as to deny him the company of the repairman. Things must be dull around your house! I can picture you tearing through the house half-naked and screaming - Evan too! As for Ethan - the refrigerator, really! Nick used to throw trash behind a door, if he thought no one was looking.