Sunday, November 9, 2008

Tenacious E

Evan is really figuring out items that go together. If he is playing with a bowl, he wants a big spoon to stir around in it. Most of the time, he can get the right blocks in the shape-sorter thing. This morning he was holding an empty Gatorade bottle and digging through the lids drawer. He pulled out the little orange lid triumphantly and tried to put it on the bottle. One day he brought me a sippy cup and lid, and squawked til I put some water in it. He definitely knows his own mind and is not afraid to express himself.

::::

"I'm gwoing up", Ethan announced after he finished his lunch. "I'm going to be a daddy or a mommy or a baby. Or a pumpkin. Or a baby pumpkin. I want to be a baby somefing. I'm gwoing...little."

3 comments:

Jenny said...

Evan is a genius child, frankly. James has no clue about shapes in the shape sorter. And matching a lid to a cup? That's incredible. Faith tries to get me to match "pink" to "pink" even though they are two totally different cup/lid combos. "But mommy, they both PINK!"

Jen said...

All I know is, he didn't inherit any spatial awareness/logic genes from me.

Anonymous said...

Ah gee Ethan, don't you want to be a woodpecker like your Uncle Kirk? I guess a baby pumpkin would be nice.