Saturday, November 8, 2008

Someone's in the kitchen

Wow, I thought I was just barely going to squeak in an entry tonight because it feels like midnight but it's not even 10:00 yet. I am seriously looking forward to my future in a nursing home- just me and my TV. I am NOT getting out of bed to play Bingo. By the way, November is National Blog Posting Month and I am participating in a challenge to post every day for 30 days, if case anyone was wondering why I am writing more often about less interesting things. Feel free to not check back til December.

Except, ha ha, I have a cute story: This morning I heard Ethan pass through my room to go downstairs. I intended to get up, of course, but fell back asleep. When I got downstairs a little later, there was an empty yogurt container with Ethan's favorite spoon on the kitchen table and he was quietly lining up his tractors with his tools by his side. "Good morning, Mom!" he exclaimed delightedly. "I am doing my work!" And mine too, apparently. Let's see, am I an incredibly lazy parent? Or doing his future wife a huge favor by encouraging self-sufficiency? I think I'll take this glass half full, unless he decides he needs to use the oven for breakfast tomorrow. Yikes.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am so excited for daily posts! I hope no one ever makes you get up to play Bingo and I hope they bring you wonderful food and chocolate everyday! Just think they will prepare all the food and clean up the mess! A daily dose of chocolate will be my request in a nursing home. I totally think you are doing Ethans future wife a favor. What a capable little guy!