Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Changes

Babycenter.com sends weekly emails with tips, relevant articles, and of course advertising geared for your child's age. This morning the subject line was toddler bulletin or something and I opened it with Ethan in mind, then almost fell off my chair when the headline said '7 Foods Your 12-24 month old Should Avoid'. They meant Evan?! Oh right, I knew that. By the way, I'm pretty sure he ate everything on that list yesterday alone. Ooops. At lunch, Ethan shared one of his PB&J sandwiches (Wook, Mom, Evan is eating a twiangle!) and I figured it would be easier to do the Heimlich if needed than pry it from Evan's little fingers of steel. He has been eating popcorn with us in the evenings since about week 2, and incidentally has mastered the pincer grasp, as evidenced by the dexterity with which he can nab a single M&M at the bottom of the bowl. In the gross motor development news, he can climb onto a kitchen chair and then up on the table. Good times ahead, I can tell.

My mom finished Evan's baby blanket in time to wrap it up for his birthday. This morning he was all snuggled up in it. It was adorable, but I can't find my camera so you'll just have to use your imagination.

4 comments:

Jenny said...

I always wonder about food for the little ones ... we left James with his aunt not long ago and she fed him his first pb & j sandwich and told us about it happily on the phone the next day. I said "Uh, Jeff? He's not supposed to have peanut butter yet" and Jeff looked thoughtful then proclaimed that he was alive so everything must be ok. well, okay then!

Anonymous said...

The blanket is beautiful! Good job Ellen! I can imagine how darling he looked all snuggled in it. I'm sure my 2nd, 3rd, 4th,& 5th children ate all the wrong foods - but not peanut butter, because I hate peanut butter. Tim was at a friend's house and they asked him if he wanted a p/b sandwich, and they didn't believe him that he hadn't had ONE in his 16 years! I'm pretty sure he can handle it by now!

Anonymous said...

Yes, the blanket is wonderful! I remember when I cut all of Sarah's M and Ms in half for her Easter basket but then on Easter morning she ate just as many of Kyle's whole ones! Hugs to all of you.

Brooke said...

Evan does seem pretty advanced. Dylan is no where near climbing up on things yet. (I am not complaining!) Evan seems very coordinated. Maybe Dylan is just suffering from our "clumsy" genetics... poor guy!!!
My ped said not to worry to much about peanut butter unless there is a family history of nut allergies. So, I didn't panic too much when Chase shared his PB&J with Dylan.