Friday, November 14, 2008

Birthday Eve

Despite the extraordinary amount of time this week spent wiping noses and trying to convince children to frickin'gotosleepalreadyseriouslywhatisyourproblem, I have gotten a lot of cleaning and decluttering done. Today we have all lost our groove, though. I don't know if it's because the end is in sight - only 6 more hours til Gramma comes to help!- or all the germs are wearing me down but I have no motivation left. Luckily I've got these helpers:
If you need someone to dump large amounts of water on the floor, I mean, wash dishes, Evan's your man!

And somehow we can always find the motivation to make a few calorie-laden treats.

4 comments:

Margaret said...

There is nothing better than a helper with the dishes!

Jenny said...

This scene looks eerily familiar :)

Yummy treats makes everything better!

Brooke said...

YAY! A helper - that is great! Hope you get a little break from nose-wiping :)
Happy Birthday to the little guy and hang in there mom. One was a rough one for me.

Anonymous said...

Evan, What a good helper you are! I can see that Ethan is clearly the expert in the baking department. Hope you all had fun on Evan's birthday. Hope it wasn't too tough on Ethan!