Saturday, February 21, 2009

Vacation, sort of

We had to return Nick yesterday but haven't had too much time to wallow in self-pity because now we are cozily ensconced at my parents' house. Last night we were all in bed by 9 pm and everyone was ready for some fun today. We spent the morning playing with Ethan and Evan's cousin Mason at their Grandma & Grandpa Eggert's house. This afternoon Kirk and my Grandpa Joe came over to play. Not too many children get to spend time with 3 great-grandparents in one day.

Ethan moves up to the big horse, Copper:

I rode today, too. It was awesome! My muscles were a little stiffer than last time (3+ years ago) but the sounds, the smells, the feel were all familiar. I can't wait til the boys are big enough to have horses at our house. My family spent many, many happy hours on horseback. Matt and I used to ride to a nearby lake and picnic. Someday...

Ethan had work to do- with a real drill: No slacking on vacation!


1 comment:

Brooke said...

Looks like they are having a ball visiting the fam! Cute!!! Enjoy your weekend ;)