Monday, February 16, 2009

Treasure Hunt

When company is here, we try to not talk with our mouths full, keep the bathroom door closed, and act like people who know how to enjoy life, not just fall asleep on the couch at 10pm. With this in mind, we had a bona fide Family Fun experience on Sunday. We went geocaching, using Matt's GPS to find a prize box hidden by some other Fun-filled geocacher. This one was at the Calamus Reservoir and we spent a delightfully sunny afternoon trekking through tall grass and laughing together. This was something I have wanted to try for awhile and one reason I sprang for the nice GPS for Christmas instead of going with my usual cheapskate instincts. It was great, and I can see the boys having a lot of fun with it as they get older. Nick was quite the GPS master.


A power nap on the way...




Nick doing the dirty work...

AAAH...SNAKE! Just kidding.

The log book- lots of stories and signatures.
(Contrary to the visual provided by this picture, I am not pregnant.)
Going home...



4 comments:

Anonymous said...

very nice, that was the greatest treasure hunt i have ever been on in my whole life!! and we needed the power nap for all the excitement that we were going to have!!!!

Jenny said...

Very fun! I've been wanting to do that for awhile too!

Anonymous said...

How fun! Surely that counts for "science", doesn't it?

Brooke said...

I have never heard of such a thing???? Sounds interesting!!! And it looks like you guys had a great time :)

BTW - You do NOT look pregnant... :) But your comment made me chuckle!