Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Home sweet home (or, I love my bed but disapprove of the adult:child ratio)

We helped Matt with chores tonight. As he filled buckets with grain, the boys and I walked around to look at the baby calves. Evan waved madly to all the cows and Ethan tried a more verbal interaction. "Hi gwirls! My name is Ethan!" he announced. "I am a super hero here to help wif your baby calvies. Cuz when calves are borned, they DIE." "Umm, usually they are fine, Buddy, remember? Usually they don't die." I remind him. Fricking stupid circle of life.

The kids are so happy to be reunited with their daddy. Ethan was full of stories about his adventures and Evan was full of dah, eh, gahs which are cute but not nearly as informative. The drive home wasn't too bad but at one point Ethan let out a big sigh and said "I weally hope Gwanpa and Gwamma visit my house next time." Yeah, I wouldn't mind a break from the endless hysteria of peek-a-boo or the skull-piercing torture marketed as music for children either.
Wheeeeeere's Evan?

I'm glad some people find it entertaining.

2 comments:

Brooke said...

Too cute - love the peek-a-boo pics and Ethan is cracking me up with his conversations with the cow. Glad you guys are happy to be home!

Anonymous said...

Darling picture! Dear Ethan! When do we ever get used to birth/life/death?