Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Tuesday


As always, we had a fantastic weekend at my parents' house. Saturday night they watched the kids while I went to Omaha for my cousin Emily's birthday celebration. It was really fun to see her and my sister and meet some new friends (Hi, Libby! :) ) but holy orthopedic shoes Batman, I am old. The bars are so loud nowadays, and there's nowhere to sit, and yawn yawn it is waay past my bedtime. But it was fun and it was nice to have my arms loose for a few minutes. (Sarah: only 5 years and 3 days til you can come with us! If you don't mind holding my cane.) I also did some shopping all by myself and while I did not miss navigating the stroller between the racks and crowds, I felt surprisingly lonesome with no one to talk to. Also, apparently it was Bring Your Newborn To The Mall Day at Oakview- I saw at least 12 teeny, tiny, brand new babies. Aww.

But there are no babies here- Ethan proved that by going to Kindergarten on Monday! Well, with his gramma, and only for the 1 1/2 hours of playtime and recess. He had a blast playing with the big kids and letting them lead him around. He even made a Valentine craft. So big!

And now we are home, trying to avoid the mountain of stuff I carried in and left by the door. The sun is shining and the yard is one big sloppy puddle so the boys should be able to have some fun. All that's left for me to do is find my camera and document it. Then do all the laundry. Again.

3 comments:

Brooke said...

Happy splashing in the MUD!!! What fun!!! For them. Not you. The laundry basket swells a little on these days. But, you gotta enjoy it while it lasts... whats another load -right??? ;)

Sarah said...

I'm am SO excited to go out with you guys!
Hahahaha.
It will be amazing!

Anonymous said...

It sounds like you had a fun weekend! I can't believe Ethan went off to kindergarten! What a big kid!