Thursday, February 5, 2009

Random rerun

There is a "25 Random Things About Me" deal circulating through Facebook (aaaahhh Facebook) and since it took an incredibly long time to think of 25 things about myself (boring much?) I decided to share them over here, too. Also most of my readers fall into the category of #16 so: I am very very very sorry. I wish I could go back and eat every single delicious thing you prepared.

1. I have a strong faith in God, through Him all things are possible.
2. I can tell if a cow is close to having a calf. (And they don't teach that at Dana.)
3. I have an awesome family & extended family.
4. I am seriously considering homeschooling my kids.
5. My favorite movie is Cinderella.
6. I love to cook but am very tired of figuring out what to make for supper.
7. I really love to bake.
8. I really really really love to eat baked goods.
9. My sister is my best friend in the whole world but we don't get to see each other nearly enough.
10. I have the most adorable children in the world.
11. Also, the most stubborn and opinionated. Definitely the loudest.
12. I love to read, especially medical dramas and non-fiction historical stuff.
13. Ethan's favorite shows are Dirty Jobs and "Destwoyed" in Seconds.
14. I have a major crush on Jon Stewart.
15. My ginormus baby is nursing right now.
16. I wish I could apologize to everyone who ever tried to feed me when I was a young, extremely picky eater. Now I know what it is like to SLAVE AWAY over a hot stove ALL DAY and what do you MEAN, you don't like meatballs- you ate 5 yesterday!!!!!!
17. Sometimes I get a little carried away.
18.Once when I was pregnant and gained 50+ pounds, I reached for a cookie and Matt suggested I eat an apple instead.
19. But we're still together. :)
20. We started dating in high school.
21. He is an amazing father and happy to include the boys in whatever he is doing.
22. I am 5' 3" AND A HALF.
23. I wish I had some kind of artistic talent.
24. I love to waterski, snow ski, and snowboard even though I am the most uncoordinated person on the planet.
25. I love writing on my blog, and I really love when people leave comments.

6 comments:

Jenny said...

I love these! I want to hear more about (a) homeschooling and the thinking of and (b) your favorite historical books. I agree with so many of the things on your list and learned so much about you. Like, you are a midget. :)

Anonymous said...

Those are great Jenny!I love all those things about you and yours! I'm guessing you and Matt don't agree on favorite movies! I can still see your little face as you would look up at us with the "I can't possibly eat that unless it is a strawberry or blueberry" look! Fortunately I often had strawberries, and they must be good brain food,'cause look at you!

Jen said...

Jenny- More to come on a). Right now I am reading The Worst Hard Times by Timothy Egan. AWESOME and surprisingly suspenful. A great fiction one is The Kommandant's Girl, set in WWII. And I love any book about pioneer families.
Re: being a midget- one time my dear husband said my legs are "short and stubby." To this day he insists it is a compliment! Romance is always in the air here.

Laura- you are nice!

Brooke said...

I am commenting.... just cuz you like comments - hee hee! I already left you a comment on FB. Anyway, I had no idea you were still nursing! I am amazed! You really are super mom!!!!!

Jen said...

Actually I'm just too lazy to wean.

Brooke said...

Alright - you inspired me. I posted mine... :O)
BTW - I loved the Kommandant's Girl too!! It is a great read.