Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Word for Word

Ethan: I would wike some scwambled eggs, pweeze.
Jenny (lovingly prepares and serves eggs): OK, here you go.
E: Aaah! Not deese eggs! NONONONONONONO! I don't wike deese scwambled eggs! Get me some ceweal!
J: You can't talk to me that way.
E: You can't talk to ME dat way.

:::::::


E: I hear an animal in twouble! I need to wescue him.
Wook, it's a widdle moose. He's so tiny. Cradles tiny invisible moose in his arms, then lifts it to his cheek. Here is his mommy! He wants to nuss. Mommy! Do you want to hold my widdle moose? What a nice widdle moose. I will take care of him.
:::::::
E: Hi, Evan. Do you want to help me wif my work? Let's build somefing. Oh, thank you Evan! You are such a nice bwother.
::::::
I am okay with the fact that Ethan prefers Evan's company to mine, but the tiny invisible moose outranks me, too?

2 comments:

Jenny said...

That first conversation makes me think that you and I are the same person in parallel dimensions.

But, oh, how adorable are the other ones!

Anonymous said...

Oh my! This parenting business isn't easy, is it!? This "pulling away from your mother" business is complex too. I mean, that is our goal, for them to be independent, but it is a painful process, and involves so much pushing and pulling "I need you! I don't need you!" Ad nauseam.