Friday, October 3, 2008

OK, I officially forgive him for everything...

As Ethan was getting ready for his nap this afternoon, he pulled my head down to his face. "Mom, you're my best fwiend," he told me as he kissed my cheek. My heart, and all the rage and tears, melted. "I love you so much, Buddy," I whispered as I tucked him in. "I wuv you so much, too," he replied with a smile. Oh yeahhh, my sweet little boy is still in there somewhere, buried inside that toddler tyrant. It is comforting to know that he doesn't hold all the recent punishments and tense moments against me, and equally comforting for me to let go of the resentment towards him and feel that familiar swelling of love.

Evan makes kissing sounds right before he slobbers all over my face. I guess I won't put them up for sale on ebay, after all.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

God is good!

Jenny said...

I second that, God IS good! He gives you those sweet little tender moments that, no matter how short they are, make up for all the other well, LESS than sweet moments!