Friday, October 10, 2008

Excitement

We found a centipede (also known as a wormy) yesterday. I was about to squish him with my shoe when Ethan saw it and wanted to examine it. So we found a container and put a leaf inside with it and talked about all the legs centipedes have. We read about them online- did you know they eat flies and other insects? I'm never going to squish one again. Then we got distracted and later I noticed that it had curled up and died. Ooops. I bailed on the teachable moment about death by just throwing it out when no one was looking. I'm sure we'll have another chance for that. All in all, it was very exciting (for about 15 minutes).

Evan is more interested in finding a vein, apparently...


When he's not occupied by biting, Evan is taking steps! On Wednesday, he took his first one towards Matt, then crashed. Later he took one to me, then crashed. Then he tried one to Ethan...you see where this is going. Yesterday and today, though, he is taking three or four at a time. He holds his hands out and grins from ear to ear. I love this age!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Evan! You big walking boy! Maybe you will have something to do now when you don't feel like biting!

Jenny said...

But, if you had squished it with your shoe then you would have lots of guts and lots of legs on your shoe! Forget the whole death thing, think of your SHOE!

Walking! James is walking too, but he gets so excited when he gets close to one of us he just lunges. He's been doing this forever, so he's still not past the three or four steps phase.

AND. Once again I am amazed by how BLONDE your boys are. That's all.