Thursday, October 2, 2008

May Day, Code Blue, Calling for Backup

Here are just a few of the things Ethan got mad at me for today:

1.) Carrying him in from the truck since he didn't have shoes on.

2.) NOT carrying him in from the truck.

3.) Asking him to shut the refrigerator door.

4.) Not letting him shut the 'widdle door' of the salt container.

5.) Breaking his orange into sections.



So you'd think that we are grating on each other's nerves and he would be just as ready for a break as I am, and excited to spend some time with his dad in the evenings, right? WRONG, of course. "I want to stay in here wif you and make stuff." Ethan tells us, more evenings than not, when Matt is ready to head out to the pasture. Grrr. The divide-and-conquer approach usually works so well in the evenings. It's not like I just kick up my feet with a cocktail (well, not every night) when Matt and Ethan leave, but at least I get a short break from all the mental hoops that little drill sergeant runs me through every day.



:::

Last night as we were getting ready for bed, Evan laid his head down on a pillow and said "Nite-nite!" He grinned and popped right back up but it was very cute.

:::

Happy birthday, Grampa!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's like my grandma always said "You can't win." When you were Ethan's age and your mom had completely had it with you, she said "Do you want a hard whack?" You answered, "What is a hard whack?"

Anonymous said...

hey jen, let me try to work my magic and see if i can get off work one of these tue/wed to come out!! good luck with those boys, love you!