Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Nakey Boys


Does anyone have any tips for how to keep clothes on little kids? Seriously, the nakedness around here is out of control. Our friends and their toddler Lane were here to visit yesterday and the boys stripped out of their clothes within minutes. Today Ethan played at a friend's house and when I picked him up, he and Lissy were pantsless. At least I don't have to worry about feeling like a slacker mom because we have friends with the same low standards we have adopted! And I'm not gonna lie, they are all adorable in their naked glory: the miniature shoulders, chubby bellies, strong legs, and sweet little toes. I'm a big fan.

On a related note, why does a two-year-old need complete and utter privacy while going potty ("No, Mom! Just Efan! Shut the doh!") but refuse to give me one minute of alone time in there? Me: "Ethan, go play with Daddy and Evan. Can you please shut the door?"
Ethan: "But Mommy, I need to see you."
When he first started using the potty last year, he required everyone and their dog to gather in the bathroom and applaud his, uh, efforts. Where did he get this constant need for attention and validation? Hmm...

No comments: