Thursday, July 17, 2008

New Sounds


Yesterday, Evan squealed "Dye-Dye" and dove into Matt's arms as he walked in the door. It is his first officially confirmed word. For a few weeks he has whimpered "Mum-mum-mum" as he crawls around looking for me while I neglect him, i.e. take a shower by myself, and Matt swears he said "Hi Da-da" once, but admittedly those sounds could have gone either way. ("Does that count?" I kept asking my mom about the mom-mom sounds. "Sure," she would smile, "If you want it to.")

:::

"Errnt!" Ethan trumpets into a socket. "Mom! I ERRNT'ed you!" I've also been 'chiiinged' with a stick and 'deeeped' with a spatula. Weird? Extremely. Entertaining? Abso-frickin'-lutely.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Way to go Evan! I knew you were brilliant! What darling pictures! I think I can see those beautiful blue rings in Evan's eyes! Jenny, how dare you take a 1 1/2 minute shower by yourself. I think all my kids said Da-Da first. I thought that was a bit disloyal of them. Love, Laura

Jenny said...

VERY cute kids! By the way, I love, LOVE, the name Evan. It is my future hypothetical second son's name. Occasionally I plan my future house and think of the bathroom that James and (my future not yet even conceived son) Evan will share and I made the mistake of telling my husband about this. He thinks I'm a wee bit crazy now.

Deidre Ochsner said...

Ahhh... first words... I can't even imagine. I am thinking about trying to stunt the massive growth of Alexis with a lil coffee in her breast milk. Baby Latte... what do you think?????

Anonymous said...

This just gets better and better! Since Brayden went out to change water with the men I get a moment of peace... and I'm laughing so hard I hope I don't wet my pants!! But your used to that right?? Keep it coming Jenny!! And thanks for the reminding your absent minded friend!! I don't want to miss out on this.