Monday, July 7, 2008

Gone Baby Gone


My parents and my cousin Nick were here this weekend so of course Ethan had the time of his life. And I must have been smoking crack because when they left, I packed him up and let him go home with them. I've called Mom several times and they are all having a blast. Ethan is probably missing me but trying to keep his emotions inside so he doesn't hurt anyone's feelings. :) Today they went to Morrill Hall but I don't have any pictures to post because, ya know, I WASN'T THERE. Apparently the dinosaurs were ok but the water fountains were fascinating. There is a long list of tasks I plan on accomplishing while I only have one small human demanding things from me but today I was so lonesome that Evan and I just moped around (and slept a lot, which was so awesome I don't even know how to describe it and almost makes up for the knot I've had in my stomach ever since that Excursion pulled out of the driveway). Tomorrow I will either kick into gear and get this place organized or... I will be on the road to Crete to scoop up that boy and squeeze him til his gorgeous little eyeballs pop out.
.
Evan is enjoying having all the toys to himself. He's also never had the experience of nursing, napping, and playing uninterrupted so that's been pleasant, too. I think pretty soon he'll start to get bored, though. He gets so excited when he sees Ethan and loves to follow him around the house. People keep telling me they'll have fun together when they are older but they are already enjoying each other so much! It was worth all the hurling and hospitalizations and being gutted to get that baby here, I GUESS.

So- it's been 24 hours since Ethan left and I have only cried three times. Stay tuned for further updates.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Jen,
I just got done spending a day with Ethan, and it was great! That little kiddo just gets more cute every single day! Or every time I see him anyways. I asked him when he was going home and he said "to my house!" so I asked him when again, he said "To my Jen!" just like I was an idiot. Ellen later told me to try to avoid the subject. Well I hope to see you and the boys again soon.
Tim

Anonymous said...

We all enjoyed Ethan at your Mom's house! He was fun and smart and so well-adjusted! I hope he is done punishing you for sending him off by now. Tomorrow may be a long day, but he was good for so many days! Love, Laura