Monday, February 22, 2010

Writer's block

Hello, dear neglected blog reader(s)! How have you been? We are all just super, not that you would know by the radio silence here. While the rest of you are creating clever lists and more clever lists, taking fabulous photographs, and regaling us with tales of your adorable children, this 'create post' tab sits haunting me.

The thing is, (and it makes me nervous to even think this, let alone write it) is that it's just really peaceful around here lately. The kids play together for hours at a time, with only the occasional cry for help. I've cleaned closets, caught up on documentation, and even organized the laundry room. I haven't had to drive a tractor across the floor in weeks! (I'll pause while you break into a chorus of glory, glory, hallelujah. Oh, just me? OK then.)

Manic highs and despairing lows lend themselves much better to entertaining writing. This emotional-even-keel stuff is just boring. So, sorry! Well, not really, because have I mentioned that I have not had to drive a tractor across the floor in weeks? And by the way, I had to read through a lot of old posts to find that link- the ratio of despair to bliss is like 195:1. Sheesh, what a whiner.

3 comments:

Nancy said...

Here is what YOU have to remember -we love hearing about the hours of cheerful playing, we love hearing about the mundane, because for many of us, it brings back memories!!! Hugs to all of you!

Brooke said...

Ha! Love it ;D No tractors, eh???? Life is good!!! But I am with Nancy, you still make mundane entertaining to read, so keep it coming!!!! And photos too :D Please! I know, I know, I am pushing it.

PS - my list, clever??? seriously??? ;D J/K!!

Jenny said...

I hear ya, sista.