Sunday, May 3, 2009

Monday, already?

Mom and Tessa came this weekend to drag me out from the depths of self-pity and despair. Evan demonstrated extreme personal growth by saying "Tetta" and by initiating lots of interaction with both of them. I demonstrated extreme personal growth by not sobbing and hanging on to their legs as they were leaving. Very productive weekend, I would say. We also branded some cows, got caught up in the garden, and packed away the boys' outgrown clothes. I know that Tessa is secretly depressed to be leaving this thrilling place and returning to her life of softball, bars, and a TV free from cartoons.

How are you, dear readers?

5 comments:

Laura said...

Jenny, you are a riot! I'm glad you had fun with your mom and sister, and I'm sure you'll be hacking a garden out of stone (or burrs) with-two-boys-helping by tomorrow. You can do it! YOU ARE SUPER MOM!

Brooke said...

Sounds like a good weekend, indeed. I wish I had gotten stuff checked off my to-do list. :( I did get all the laundry done... it's something - right? Hope you do okay tomorrow with out your mom and sis. The first day is always the hardest. Hang in there!!!

tessa said...

hey jen, i'm crying myself to sleep right now to be back to my life... i will try to pull through tho :) it was a lot of fun to be with you guys this weekend and im so excited evan said tetta!!! we won our softball game and i played pretty good. love you!! hang in there, i agree you are super mom!

Jenny said...

I am very well, thanks for asking! Productive weekends are nice, if exhausting. I threw a baby shower, packed away our winter clothes, and weed-whacked (weed-eated?) our frighteningly overgrown, er, weeds.

NUSLP said...

Hey Jenny - I think you need to post the picture of the starting place of swine flu that is on Kayla's blog...that is hillarious

Wow a great weekend. Seems like I am in a rut. With two weeks left of school, I don't have much umph in me left. I just keep telling myself that I will do it in 2 weeks...umm laundry will be walking itself to the laundry-mat by then:)