Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Up, down

Evan has started using the potty. I'm not sure how or why he decided to do this now, and I have no idea if it's just an interesting fluke or we really are on the road to diaper-freedom. But regardless, I am perfectly willing to drop everything and applaud enthusiastically when that chubby little behind hits the seat. It's kind of tricky, in that he can't actually say "I need to go potty," but by now we are all pretty fluent in Evan-ese so it's working. (Incidentally, 'ability to communicate need' and 'child has words for blah blah blah' are always at the top of those "Is Your Child Ready to Potty-Train" lists. Apparently Evan has not read those.) (Also incidentally, WHY WON'T HE TALK?)

So this morning our bread-making was interrupted by a potty-party. We left Ethan to hold down the fort and returned to this:

"Oh Mom, that's just some dirt from when I was in Colorado. Some Colorado-dirt," he explained casually. "And some hay."


5 comments:

Brooke said...

Hey, I might actually take going potty in the potty over talking at this point. Although, I might be a little scorned after already suffering through two dirty diaper wrestling matches with Dylan this morning. And I love Ethan's Colorado dirt - ha ha! Some might just call that SNOW!!! (I am assuming that was what he was referring to - right?) And, what happened to your hand? I just saw your pic on FB and hopped on over here to see if you posted about it! It looks ouchie ;(

Jenny said...

DUDE. Potty?? REALLY??!?!?

kayder1996 said...

Aw, language smanguage! Kenson speaks an interesting mix of Creole, English and toddler jabber and we're potty training. (How successful we are has yet to be seen, but I'll take cleaning up one potty accident a day over changing 4-5 diapers a day.)

Laura said...

Come on Jenny, did life turn boring this week?

Laura said...

I mean since Colorado came to visit.