Monday, February 1, 2010

Brothers

The boys and I ran errands this morning. Evan wore his pajama top, jeans, one yellow boot, and one green boot. Rockin'. They were pretty well-behaved: didn't knock over any displays, no one darted into traffic, and they shared their toys in the car. Then on the way home Ethan announced "I am throwing snowballs at Evan." He flailed his arm like Buddy the Elf and laughed hysterically. "No NO NO!" Evan screeched, frantically wiping his face. "OK, Ethan," I tried to keep a straight face, "Evan doesn't think that's fun. Please stop throwing snowballs at him." "But I have a PILE," Ethan said, arm still windmilling wildly. I suggested that he throw them out his window. "I am throwing them out Evan's window, at the trees!" he said gleefully. "AAAAH! NO NO NO!" Evan yelled, batting away the invisible snowballs. "NO! TOO COLD!"

Umm, hurray for active imaginations.

6 comments:

Nick said...

Just be thankful they use their imaginations and play together!

tessa said...

too cute... i would be worried if evan started fighting back. that kid has an arm, might break a window or something.

Brooke said...

Ahhhh - gotta love it. Funny I was just typing up a post with a similar name. Seems we are on the same track today!

Nancy said...

I love the outfit!!!! How lucky for you he can select his own clothes now - must save you a ton of time! Too funny. PS - Nice post, Nick! Or maybe Laura....

Unknown said...

Nope, all me!

Jenny said...

At least they stay clean and dry with their imaginations . . .