Thursday, January 21, 2010

Random Rant (me, not the children) (for once)

Arrgh. A couple weeks ago I said I could help out a Lincoln caseworker by doing Family Support Visits in Grand Island and Kearney on January 22 & 23. On Monday I realized that it was this week, so I better get my act in gear. Priorities -ok, playdates- were arranged for Tuesday and Wednesday because I had it in my head that the visits were Thursday and Friday. Well, as you smart people realized right away, the 22nd & 23rd are Friday and Saturday. I did not.
This morning, Thursday (the 21st apparently), I got up bright and early, got dressed, got my snacks ready, got the boys psyched up about going to the sitters, put the carseats back in the Tahoe, got my lists organized to run errands, and generally ran around like a chicken with my head cut off til I sat down to double check one more time that today the visit was in Kearney. This time I happened to notice a slight discrepancy between the schedule and my wall calendar. I was so sure that the calendar was wrong instead of my own trusty brain that I called a friend to check the date on her calendar. Must be some kind of calendar conspiracy because apparently tomorrow is the 22nd, ergo the visit in Kearney. I can't believe how close I was to screwing up my whole day! And I had done such a great job at #4 on the ol' list up there that the kids were seriously pissed about not going to see their 'fyehnds' today.

So! How is your Thursday going? Mine's awesome.

7 comments:

Nancy said...

Thank you for the laugh. And I am sorry to say that this will NOT be the last time it happens. Too funny you had to "Call A Friend" to check the date! Luckily we have multiple Life Lines in the real world.
Make some cookies - surely you have more sprinkles!!!
Hugs!

Nancy said...

OR maybe you should have taken the kids to the sitter, stopped at the library for a book, stopped at the store for chocolate and headed back home to bed!!!!!
Can you tell I have been thinking about you today????

Anonymous said...

I hope your day got better!
Margaret

Jen said...

Why didn't I think of that, Nan?! Thanks for thinking of me. :) The day turned out pretty nice- yes, cookies were made.

Jenny said...

I HATE it when the calendar conspires against me!

I'm sorry that your day was full of unexpected AAARRGGHH and woe. I hope the rest of the week turns out MUCH better!

Laura said...

Too funny Jenny! I hope you hung your clothes up for tomorrow!

Brooke said...

Dang, I hate when I get things all messed up! It is sooooo annoying. You are not alone with the calendar confusion ;) I went to look for Chase's dentist's address the other day when I happened to glance at the calendar and realized that his appointment was in 2 MINUTES!!!! I obviously had to reschedule. They HATE me at his dentist office because I pull stuff like that all the time ;) Hope your day got MUCH, MUCH better!! Some day you will look back at all this and laugh.