Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Too much

My mom and my aunt Laura were here for a few days, doing all of my work, and I still couldn't manage to get anything written. Not only do I feel guilty about letting all of you down, I have been rationalizing that the empty baby books are okay because of all the information (and wisdom) I am documenting on the worldwide Interweb. But here we are with more empty pages, each one admonishing me to get a grip on my life. Some people go to work every day, for crying out loud. You don't see them stressing out because their DVR list is 94% full and they are about to leave on a weeklong vacation. Speaking of vacation, I still need to pack and do a few million other things so today's tidbit will be less wisdom and more random things I don't want to forget. (What, you don't remember seeing any wisdom here? Oh, maybe I'm thinking of someone else's blog.)

Ethan is spending less time as a puppy and more time as "Dad". You may also call him "Matt" or "Ethan's Dad" but never under any circumstances are you allowed to address him as "Ethan." That part is currently being played by Evan, although he hasn't figured that out so does not respond to directions from "Dad" and also is disappointed 10 times a day when Ethan, I mean "Matt" announces "Dad's home!," referring, of course, to himself and not to Evan's beloved Dada. The good news is that "Dad" does not insist on eating out of a bowl on the floor.

Evan now says off, which has slightly decreased the number of times a day he says up, and it is a very useful word as he has appointed himself Supreme Leader of Anything With An On/Off Switch. He says see you wayteh and blows kisses as he zooms away. He also asks 'huh' all the time and actually I wouldn't mind forgetting that one because it's really annoying. He is very much into pretending right now as well. Being a puppy is his favorite but occasionally he moos and insists that you feed him from a sippy cup as though he is a baby calf drinking from a bottle. Oh, you know what, maybe I should say that being a shark is his favorite activity because OOWWWWWW with the biting.

Well look at this! I can cross update blog off my list and go on to, damn, weed garden. It's going to be a long night. See you all next week!

4 comments:

Emily said...

Oh Jenny! Your writing is so funny! My mother also said that Evan loves playing shark. haha Good luck with the list before vacation and have fun next week! I miss you guys. ~Em~

Nancy said...

Hi hon - thanks for the update! It was fun to hear about your week from Laura. She is THRILLED about how much Ethan interacted with her! Sorry, I just can't bring myself to refer to him as Matt!!!! Have a great vacation and I hope to see you the next time you are in Crete. Hugs

Brooke said...

Your posts ALWAYS, ALWAYS bring smile to my face. Your boys are so darn funny! I haven't had the pleasure of Chase appointing himself "dad" or any shark like tendencies - but never say NEVER! HA!! Enjoy your trip ;)

Laura said...

I'm wondering how Evan coped with no electric switches to control all week! Maybe he enjoyed flashlights... Hope you had a great week. It was such fun to be at your house!