Thursday, March 26, 2009

Better like wine, or stinkier like cheese

Today was my 27th birthday. Matt has a Thing about getting older and spends most of his special days complaining but I love everything about birthdays. Each year has brought more wonderful times than I could have imagined the year before, and I have no reason to suspect that this year will be any different. Those little boys are even more delightful than last year (and eviler, but this is my happy post), we are better off financially than last year (by which I mean we haven't gone broke yet- d'oh happy post happy post), and I am looking forward to many good times with my family and friends soon (although they will have to come here because I never get to go anywhere) (man I am really bad at happy posts).

We had a very festive dinner, followed by a chocolate raspberry cheesecake (yummm, excuse me while I wipe the drool off the keyboard). Ethan sang an adorable version of Happy Birthday (happy biiiirfday to you, happy biiirfday to you, I weally wuv you a wot) (see, adorable). Then we made caramel corn and snuggled down in a big comfy nest to watch Bolt, which just might be my new favorite movie. It was really sweet, with some downright hysterical one-liners. (Seriously hysterical, like, Pigeon-riffic.) Evan reached out his little grabby fingers and squealed "Dee-gee! Kee-gee! Dee-gee! Kee-gee!" every time the dog or cat was onscreen (which was, y'know, most of the time) but it was kinda cute and he fell asleep pretty quickly. Then Matt, Ethan, and I ate some more ahhhhh chocolate raspberry cheesecake, now everyone is asleep, and I have the whole quiet house to myself. Just me and the *cheesecake.*

1) Thanks everyone for the birthday wishes!
2) Do you think I overused the parentheses? (A little?)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Delightful Jenny! I'm so glad you had a nice birthday, and it doesn't sound like anyone made you cry! I hope you have a fun weekend too! I am curious what movie "Bolt" is, because I haven't ever heard of it. If I ever get to sit down maybe I'll watch it.

Brooke said...

Well... it sounds like a very happy birthday indeed. Love the sound of that Cheesecake. Mmmm Mmmm. Only 27...man I feel OLD!!! You are just a baby ;) I too feel we should embrace our years instead of begrudging them. Ya might as well!
PS - Love the new LOOK around here.... springy ;)

Anonymous said...

I too do not know the movie "Bolt" but might have to look into that. I am so glad you had a good birthday and it was fun to read this post and hear about your call with Tessa. Yes, there should be a rule that child may not bite his mother on her birthday! Hugs!

Jenny said...

Happy (belated) birthday!