Thursday, December 11, 2008

Lost in Translation

This morning I was changing Evan's diaper and directing Ethan while he made "hot chocolate milk". When the microwave beeped, I told him to be careful taking it out because it might be hot. "It might be not hot!" he reported. "OK, enjoy!" I called. He was quiet a second. "Go AWAY?" he replied incredulously. "No, Buddy, enjoy!" I laughed. "It means, 'I hope you like it. Have fun.'" Isn't it funny, that for so much of what he understands, something minor like this can still throw everyone for a loop?
Then he wanted to eat a pickle with his cocoa. Now that makes absolutely no sense. Moments like that make me glad I'm not pregnant.

:::
Evan has been sitting on the floor next to me for over 5 minutes, running his fingers through the soft carpet. Occasionally he lifts his hand up and examines it closely, like maybe this time he found the hidden treasure. He hasn't entertained himself like this in weeks. Whatever floats your boat, kid! My callus thanks you.

:::

Here are some pictures from last weekend, before Kirk got sick and after Ethan and Grampa were feeling better.

2 comments:

Kali Landmark said...

You are such a phenomenal blogger! I need lessons! I love reading about your babies and family...quite possibly one of my favorite pastimes at work!

Jen said...

Thanks Kal! I just wish you would update yours once a year or so. :) Glad I can help you slack off at work.