Tuesday, December 16, 2008

A good day

Play date...

Sharing ice cream with Dad while watching Mary Poppins.

I am LOVING ABCfamily's 25 Days of Christmas- in between the crappy Santa movies, we've enjoyed Mickey Mouse's Christmas Carol, Curious George: The Movie, and now Mary Poppins. It's fun that Ethan is old enough now to watch stuff we all enjoy, although by 'we', I guess I mean 'he and I'. "I hate this movie," Matt said when Ethan left the room. I was genuinely flabbergasted. "How could you HATE this movie?" "Look at it!" He groaned. "How could you not?" Bert and Mary were singing; they had just jumped through the chalk painting and she was wearing one of my favorite dresses of all time. I suppose when you think about it, it's not exactly Matt's kind of movie, but STILL. To actually hate Mary Poppins? I'm still in shock.

2 comments:

Margaret said...

We watched Mary Poppins too last night. It is such a great movie!

Brooke said...

We have been watching the Christmas movies every night too!!!
Hmmmm...we either missed Mary Poppins or Dave promptly changed the channel before I was the wiser! I don't think Dave could sit through it - I have to give Matt credit for trying :)