Monday, September 22, 2008

Platinum Wedding

Lookit the bride! Isn't she beautiful?! Congrats to Kali and Peter. We had a wonderful time in Omaha seeing old friends and enjoying a night on the town without babies.

The boys were in excellent hands, of course. Evan spent the evening with my aunt, uncle, and cousin. We are so blessed to have wonderful family members who love my kids even though they scream so much. He got along just fine without me, which is pretty amazing. Mad props to Nancy, Joe, and Sarah!
Ethan went on a road trip to Kansas City with my parents and brother to watch the White Sox play the Royals. He was full of stories about seeing the lion mascot and the players hit the ball. I have very fond memories of going to those games with my family, and I'm glad Ethan got to do the same thing. He was extremely worn out today- he didn't even want to go play outside or walk down to the mailbox with me. "I just want to way here, Mom," he kept saying. OK, twist my arm. We read a lot of books and watched quite a bit more TV than usual. Oh well, I think he had enough stimulation this weekend that it would take more than a few Dora episodes to wreck his brain development.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I doubt there are any jeans you can't fit into you skinny thing! You are gorgeous! I'm glad you had a fun night out!