Monday, September 8, 2008

Monday, Baking Day

We were making bread this morning (yep, I'm still pretending to be a pioneer), and Evan stood on the chair up to the counter with Ethan. It was so sweet to have both those little faces watching intently. I kept being surprised at all the chubby little hands sneaking into the dough while we were kneading. I got out the video camera to try to capture the moment but it needed charging, of course. By the way, if your 2-year-old is freaking out because he can't find his 'eerfron,' hand him his frickin apron already; why would he need earphones, an elephant, or an airplane for baking? Idiot. Apparently the reason I am so fascinated by toddler logic is because it is more advanced than my own. We also made a carrot cake, since the apple crisp and peach cake we made over the weekend weren't sufficiently sugar-laden to satisfy my cravings (although I did cosider adding cream cheese frosting to the aforementioned items). Obviously the winter fashions I will be sporting are size 6598 jeans and muu-muus.


***
I was going through hand-me-downs and had Ethan try on a pair of jeans. "They fit just right," I told him as I fastened them. "AMAZING!" he exclaimed.

***
Pop Quiz: Name That Baby

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

that is very cute! i have no clue how you are able to bake with the two of them!

pop quiz answer:Ethan!!

p.s. i miss you guys! hopefully i will be able to come visit soon

Anonymous said...

I vote Ethan too!