Wednesday, May 21, 2008

We're Going to the Zoo, Zoo, Zoo






Tuesday was one of my top five Most Fun Days as a Mom. Ethan, Evan, Tessa, Mom, my aunt Laura, my cousin Nick, and I spent the day at the Omaha Zoo. If you have never been to the zoo with Ethan, I advise you to go as soon as you possibly can. He loved everything: the elephants, Nick, the tigers, the polar bears, the big ugly fish, Nick, the monkeys, the awesome aquarium, the fountains, EVERYTHING. Did I mention Nick? And I loved everything too- even the disgusting, writhing, obese, slimy fish that swarm around the bridge like maggots on a corpse. I loved seeing it all through Ethan's eyes as he saw all these animals he has read about come to life in a big way. "Wake up, effa-funt! Wake up!" he called to the sleeping elephant. "Wook, it's Baby Jaguar!" "Ders a tiger! Hi tiger. RRRRRoar!" "Wook, Evan, do you see the penguins? Dey're fwimming. Dey're jumping!"



The jungle was especially fun- Ethan braved the wiggly bridge and tried to climb the trees. Evan watched with big eyes. He especially liked the waterfalls and kept swiveling his head to keep them in his sight the whole time.

The whole day was perfect. Love for these boys filled my heart til I thought it would burst. It was one of those days that reassured me that they are as happy and healthy as can be, even when I'm afraid I've ruined them forever. (Sorry I dropped you on your head, Evan, and yelled at Ethan for killing a tomato plant last week.) We finished with an ice cream cone and a long nap on the ride home.




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The Omaha Zoo is magical, isn't it! My 3-yr-old just went for the first time (we live in KC now) and she was in heaven!

Thanks a million for the NKOTB tip...I have my sisters working on tickets!