Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Silver Lining

The absolute best part of dark, rainy days is that when Ethan wakes up, I can usually convince him that it's too early to be awake and snuggle him back to sleep in my bed. (O, how I love my bed!) It worked perfectly this morning. After getting some juice and going potty, he curled up in my arms and promptly fell asleep. It was so delicious to hold him like that. I was almost surprised that he still fit so sweetly against me. During the day, Ethan is more like a little boy than a toddler now. Lately his gait has changed, and with pliers in his pocket he walks like Mini-Matt. He speaks in complete, precise sentences and hasn't worn a diaper in months. He is full of ideas and directions and suggestions. He likes to make phone calls and can hold his own in the conversation. I love the little person he is becoming and often think 'this is the most fun stage of parenting.' Even his hair has changed from that soft, downy fuzz to regular hair. When did all this happen? I haven't even gotten his two-year pictures taken! (Frick! Tessa: a little help here!) But his legs don't seem quite as long in his jammies and when he whispered "Wuv you, Mommy" before he fell asleep with his head on my shoulder, I had my baby back for a little while. I cherished every second- until I fell asleep.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

come visit me again and we will get thrier pictures taken this time! nice work on all the posts, they are amazing and so sweet!