Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Good Morning, Sunshine


The boys & I were cuddling in my bed this morning as I tried to stall them from getting up so early. Evan woke up a little fussy and restless so I sat him up. He spotted Ethan on the other side of the bed and his little face lit up. He took off towards his big brother, scooting along like an inchworm. It's so cute to watch him move: he pushes off with his legs and propels his top half forward. He usually ends up on his nose but is starting to figure it out. It took awhile but he finally made it across to Ethan. "Good morning, Evan! Are you wake?" Ethan greeted him. Evan smiled up at him as Ethan picked up a book. "Do you want to weed a book? Here is a eff-funt. See has a wong twunk." He turned the pages, making realistic animal noises for each page. Evan chattered excitedly and chewed on the book. "Should we sing? E-I-E-I-O Farm," Ethan began. "The farm has a cow, moooo moooo moooo." When I sing Old MacDonald, Ethan requests an assortment of animals ranging from chickens to giraffes, as well as a variety of power tools and farm equipment, but his own version was much simpler. Go figure. The boys played together for several minutes. I love how close they are already. I hope they continue to enjoy each other as they grow older. What wonderful boys! I am so grateful that God gave them both to us.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i have not been checking this enough but it is so cute and your boys are growing so much! i cant wait to see you all this wkend!!! love you!! ~tessa

Anonymous said...

Good for people to know.