Thursday, June 18, 2009

Missed

My camera bit the dust last week, and here are a few of the things I wish I could have photographed lately:

- the way Maddie's tiny feet, Evan's chubby feet, and Ethan's enormous feet looked all tangled up on a blanket in the yard
- the look of shock on Evan's face when he ran through the sprinkler for the first time
- the look of ecstasy on Ethan's face while running through the sprinkler
- the boys holding our baby kitties
- the basketful of arugula and spinach we picked from the garden
- the supercute pajamas my mom can't stop buying for the boys
- how happy all my boys looked when we celebrated Matt's birthday on Tuesday

Not that I have time to take pictures, anyway, because I am now working part time at a youth home in Broken Bow. I am so grateful for the opportunity to be part of the CEDARS organization and to use my skills -and degree- with these troubled children. It has been an adjustment for my own kids, of course, but Matt and I have been able to juggle our schedules enough for one of us to be with them most of the time. He has been very glad to have some extra time at home- at this rate the ranch work will be caught up in 10 or 15 years. Since the boys are such good help.
So lots of new adventures and laundry piling up, but I am excited to see what this summer will bring us.

4 comments:

Brooke said...

I miss your pictures too! Although reading about them was *almost* as good as seeing them ;)
Congrats on the JOB too!! Sounds like you have your hands full.

Laura said...

I can imagine how precious those pictures would have been! Garden produce coming in! Good job!

kayder1996 said...

Is Suellen K. still with CEDARS? I was around her for a couple of different things and thought she looked like a lot of fun to work with. Congrats on your new job; hope you love it.

Jenny said...

This sounds like an incredibly rewarding job! Congratulations!