Saturday, June 13, 2009

Sweet, sweet babies




No, no, not mine. Are you crazy? Although mine does look deceptively sweet here:


The boys and I made a quick trip to Lincoln last Monday and got to meet Preston on our way home. Isn't he adorable? Matt and I have been friends with his parents, Nick and Dawn, since high school. We just love them to pieces, even though Dawn once shut Matt's head in a car door (hmm...that actually explains a lot).
The other aforementioned sweet baby is that little Maddie we're watching. Evan has gotten over most of his possessiveness of me and has followed Ethan over into adoration-land. "Tiddoo, tiddoo," he'll grin as he tickles her feet. "Look at her tiny little toes," Ethan coos as she lays on the blanket. "Look at her tiny little ears. Let's talk about them." So we talk about how tiny babies are, and who takes care of them, and how wonderful it is that God gives babies to mommies and daddies.
Huh. I guess mine can be pretty darn sweet, too.

5 comments:

Nancy said...

I love this post! And Evan is TALKING to Maddie as well! Enjoy! Hugs

Laura said...

That is a lovely blog, Jenny!

Jenny said...

This is dangerous for me to see since I really would just like to TALK about a third baby and even that is out of the question.

Colleen said...

I recognized that new sweet face immediatly. Glad you have gotten to meet my new love. Love your blog and hope you can post more pictures soon

Dawn said...

Okay, how many times do I have to say I'm sorry about the car door.... :)