Monday, April 13, 2009

There really IS an Easter Bunny

We found a puppy by the side of the road this weekend. I've been calling neighbors to find out if anyone is missing her, but no one is claiming her. "Sounds like the Easter Bunny brought your boys a new puppy," Randy told us. Fine with me! She is the sweetest thing and the boys are crazy about her.
Bright and early Sunday morning, I handed out the Easter baskets that mom had sent home with us. Ethan had been talking about them all week, and he was right to be excited. Bubbles and sandals and books, oh my! Evan was happy, too, and immediately stuffed the Diego fruit snacks into his mouth.
Ethan's friend had told him all about the Easter Bunny so Ethan kept asking if he was coming to hide eggs at our house. I said probably while we were at church, so let's get going, and while Matt strapped everyone in, I hid a bunch of plastic eggs. The hunt was a kind of anticlimactic, though. He soon discovered that each egg had a sticker, penny, or M&M inside so as soon as he found one, he'd be distracted by the treat. I could have just piled the eggs on the floor. Evan was perfectly content to pick up the discarded halves and put them in his basket, then dump them out. Something for everyone!

2 comments:

Laura said...

Isn't it wonderful when they are still so innocent? "WOW! I found an M&M in this egg!" Beautiful! Darling puppy! I hope it doesn't eat your house like ours does!

Brooke said...

Awwww...looks like a great Easter... a new puppy?!? You guys have all the good stuff over there - she looks like a keeper for sure.