Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Animaniacs, part 2

Yesterday the boys and I were welcomed home from our trip to my parents' house by a new baby calf in the basement. He was born during the blizzard Saturday and has been kinda sickly so Matt has been keeping him in the shower of the downstairs bathroom. (It's huge and, apparently, cozy.) The boys love him. Evan dances up and down when he sees him, and I always think to myself he is the perfect age to have a baby calf. Oh yeah, 16 months is definitely the right time to be mixing up a bottle and trying to herd a calf into his spot. I'm really surprised that 'baby calf' isn't on any of those 'best gifts for baby's 1st birthday' lists. Or goat, for that matter. (Hmm, I know someone with a birthday coming up. Heh heh heh.) Today we took him outside to play. He drank a whole bottle and has gained a lot of strength so tonight I think we are going to reunite him with his mama. Poor kids will have to go back to playing with each other.

Grampa and Gramma's house was even more fun than usual because their laundry room was filled with baby chicks and ducklings! Good thing they are sturdier than they look; one or both boys was always carrying one around.
Could someone please tell the weather that spring is here? Thanks.

3 comments:

Nancy said...

Too cute! It was GREAT to see you on Sunday. Hugs and Kisses!

Jenny said...

So, I've been bugging Jeff and trying to make him talk with me about a third baby, and he's not really into talking about such things. But I see that maybe I should show him an alternative, like introducing a CALF into the family!

And oh, SQUEAL AND JUMPING UP AND DOWN WHILE CLAPPING MY HANDS, because I love baby chicks and ducks! Can I come visit??? : )

Brooke said...

Man, our life is udderly (HAR, HAR HAR) boring!!! Chase must NOT see these pictures - he would be so jealous!!!