Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Ethan

Today my firstborn sweet baby is four. FOUR sounds so much bigger than three, although I remember thinking three sounded pretty darn grown up. And I'm not the only one who thinks so. Coming down the stairs this morning, Ethan overheard Evan & I talking about his birthday. "I'm FOUR?" he asked incredulously as he walked into the kitchen. "I'm FOUR," he has announced to every single person he has spoken with today. My four-year-old can sing more country songs than I can and help his little brother find boots to go outside. My four-year-old says he has 12 best friends, and includes his parents and younger brother on that list. My four-year-old changed our lives and has filled our home with joy. Happy birthday, darling boy. We love you so much.

5 comments:

tessa aka super aunt said...

jenny- finally!!! good blog!

ethan- happy birthday little buddy! four years ago you were born and made this little heart of mine come out and be touch by everything!!i love you sooo much

evan- lovely talking to you today and i love you :)

p.s. i love you too jen

Brooke said...

Happy Birthday Buddy!
I gathered from your FB status update that is was his bday or close to it! Hope you all had a blast celebrating this wonderful day!

NUSLP said...

Jenny - I hear you about the 4 issue sounding WAY to old. With 4comes, best friend troubles, learning at the speed of light, and trying not to be a momma's boy but will still resort to his inner love and still love on mom:)

Rhi

Laura said...

Happy birthday Ethan! You are so grown-up! If I ever get to town again I am going to send you and your brother presents! Hope you are all having fun in the snow! Love, Laura

Jen said...

Thanks, girls!