Sunday, June 15, 2008

Blessed

He is the most loving, patient, generous father around. "My Daddy! My Matt!" Ethan exclaims delightedly when he walks in the door. Evan does his whole-body happy wriggle and Ethan runs around in circles, then throws himself to the ground laughing in anticipation. No matter how exhausted he is or how much he needs to do, Matt packs up Ethan and takes him along to help with various projects. They are a team, and I love to eavesdrop on the easy back-and-forth of their conversations. One evening Matt was weed-whacking and I glanced out to see Ethan waving a stick around a clump of weeds, too. Matt stopped to untangle something and restarted it. Ethan pull-started his stick with exactly the same motions as his daddy. What a great man to learn from.

Happy Father's Day, babe. This family is blessed to have you as a daddy.

P.S. These guys are pretty incredible, too!





























Saturday, Matt & I went on a date -no kids!!!!!- for the first time since New Year's Eve. It was great to laugh and talk and drive without listening to E-I-E-I-O. My parents & Kirk were here this weekend and babysat the boys. I think the ratio of adults to babies was just about right. Our 5-year anniversary was last weekend. It is amazing to think about how far we've come together. I couldn't imagine being any more in love with him than I was on our wedding day, but watching him with our children makes me fall more in love with him every day. Like the Grinch, my heart has grown with love for this little family until sometimes I worry it will burst right out of my chest. Then I cry some happy tears, hug my boys, kiss my husband, and say a grateful prayer of thanks. We are so blessed. Happy birthday, hon.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG!!! You look great. Your boys are growing up so fast. One of these days, I am going to stop out, when the kids aren't screaming in the back seat, haha!! Jennifer

Anonymous said...

Jenny you look beautiful! You are blessed to have a wonderful father for your children! Laura