Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Playtime


Ethan uses a sweet, high voice to talk to Evan. "Hi, goo," he'll sing-song. "Do you want Efan to schnnuggle you? Look, Mom, I'm taking care of him! It's ok baby, here's Efan." It's adorable. He also talks to his animals, tractors, and trains that way when he puts them to sleep. (Complete with jiggling, rocking, ssshhhing, a song, and tucking them under a blanky.) As Evan gets bigger, though, Ethan has started to carry on 'normal' conversations with him. "Here's your tractor, Evan. Hey! Don't break my bridge!" This morning they were playing on the floor when I heard: "Oh, man! Evan pit up in my dumptruck!" I peeked over at them as Ethan turned the truck over and poured out a puddle of spit-up. He went into the kitchen to get a towel and went back to wipe it up. "Evan, pease don't pit up on my trucks," he requested politely. Evan laughed.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Jen - Emily reminded me to check this out - how wonderful! Hugs to ALL of you. We can't wait to see you. Eagens