Sunday, April 27, 2008

The Green Goblin



I finally gave in and let Evan eat real food. For several weeks he has been grabbing our food and drinks and trying to get it in his mouth as fast as he can. I've been trying to hold out until he is exactly 6 months old but today I took pity on him and gave him some mashed up avocado. He was thrilled. He had more fun playing with it than eating but if he's happy, I'm happy. See his black eye? That's the biggest reason I thought he needed a little treat today. He collided with the corner of some woodwork this morning. Mobility is risky business!
Ethan is also discovering ways to speed his mobility. Matt reported that one evening while they were doing chores, he got out of the truck to open a gate and when he got back in, he saw Ethan leaning down to press the brake so he could shift the truck out of park. Yikes! That kid is going to be smarter than us any day now. Last summer we learned to take the keys out of the 4-wheeler and lawn mower but I had no idea he would start driving already. I realize kids grow up fast but this is just crazy!

1 comment:

Deidre Ochsner said...

HAHAHA, that is great! I love all of the green goo... Bath Time?