Thursday, June 2, 2011

The Circus

(photo blatantly lifted from my generous friend Elaine @ The Family Zuh)



On Tuesday morning I was folding laundry, vacuuming, and doing all sorts of other exciting things when the phone rang.
Laura: Elaine called, let's go to the circus this afternoon.
Me: Oh gosh, I really should stay home to finish folding laundry and vacuuming.
Psych!


So the circus was adorable. It was on a slightly smaller scale than the ones my grandpa and grandma took us too at Pershing every year, but the kids had a blast. There were lions and tigers and an elephant, oh my! Motorcyclists in the Globe of Death, which happily was a misnomer, and acrobats, clowns, and a dog-in-bandannas act. One guy balanced seven chairs on top of each other then did a handstand at the top. My poor nervous Ethan had to cover his eyes and said, "I don't want to be a circus worker when I grow up."



At the end the ring master (who I keep calling ringleader, Hardy Boys much?) tried to inspire the audience by telling us to 'live every day as though it's a circus'. Way ahead of you lady, my friends and I said to each other. Every day with these children is a circus, although I guess most days my home more closely resembles a zoo.

1 comment:

EMZ said...

SOOOOO GLAD you came to the circus with us. Good times!!!! Love you!