Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Advent

This is my favorite week of the year. There is always beautiful music playing, almost always something delicious in the oven, and the kids are almost almost always happily occupied with something crafty. I don't know who decided we should prepare for the birth of God's Son with baked goods and paint, but I love it!

"What are you doing?" I heard Evan ask Ethan.
"Making presents for Baby Jesus"
"Oh. Can I make sumpfing?"
"Sure!"

The Nativity Scene on their bookshelf is surrounded by paper cut up, colored, and taped back together in every imaginable shape.

Every good and perfect gift comes from above, from the Father says James 1:17.



I hope you are loving everything about this Advent, too; I hope that the anticipation of the birth of our Saviour fills your heart with joy today and tomorrow and every day of the coming year. In a few short days we will celebrate His birth, and then we can begin preparing for Him to again come to us with His everlasting grace.

3 comments:

Brooke said...

Merry Christmas to you and your family! Give those boys a big hug from us :D

Jenny said...

We most definitely are enjoying everything! Happy holidays to you and yours and may you all be blessed!

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas! I love reading your blog :) So glad Kirk is part of such a wonderful family! Thank you to everyone for letting me steal him this year!!!