Monday, October 4, 2010

Snips and Snails

When the boys were younger, I loved writing about moments like these and these and these. Things are a little different these days.

A couple weeks ago, we were driving and the boys' conversation turned, as it so often does lately, to the subject of poop. (Agh, I even hate typing it.) "I am going to suck poop through a straw!" Ethan shouted while they giggled hysterically. "Ethan, don't talk that way. It's not nice," Matt ordered from the front seat. "No, Dad." Ethan's eyes were wide with innocence. "I said suck. Suck is not a bad word. FUCK is a bad word."

Ethan informed me that "if I had a pet dragon, I would stand on his head. Because he would like it."


They were playing with Play-doh this afternoon when Ethan informed me that he was cutting up a dead cat. "Eww" I responded. "Ewww," Evan mimicked. "Evan!" Ethan exclaimed. "Boys do not say ewww about that. Just gwirls."

See? Do you see why I cannot blog these days?!

4 comments:

Brooke said...

It is still blogworthy! Totally :D

Jenny said...

Ummm, I am totally on the same page as you right now. All it takes is "pee-pee" or "poo-poo" to be quietly said and the kids thing it is HILARIOUS. There are never ending poop jokes and poop insults that I thought were reserved for more of the 12 year old boy range. What is happening???

Laura said...

Finally! Thanks Jenny! I loved your new blog! Caught me totally off guard!

NUSLP said...

These are GREAT to document!!! Your blog could have a header as The Svitak's...as these stories are very similiar in our household. Love it!