Tuesday, March 8, 2011

C is for Community

The books: The Bible verse: Love your neighbor as yourself. Matthew 22:39

The fun stuff:
We talked about jobs people have in a community, what makes a community, and the differences between towns and living in the country. We spread masking tape out on the floor to mark streets, then wrote 'hospital' 'police station' etc on paper and put together quite a town. The boys played with this for hours. It held up for most of the week, then we built another one upstairs in the play room. They still love it. I love when they play without me. Win-win.




3 comments:

Laura said...

I've been waiting for "C"! Great project! I read a terrific book at school yesterday and I am going to try to find it for the boys. It is called "I See a Foot" (I think...).

Laura said...

I think it is "I Feel a Foot".

Jenny said...

I am having some creativity envy over here. What a fabulous idea!