Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Neither Art nor Craft

We've been doing a lot of gluing lately. By 'we' of course I mean those two nimble blondes who can scramble onto the counter and into the art supply cupboard before I can say "Don't climb with scissors."





At first I couldn't stifle the inner preschool-teacher-assistant in my head. "Too much! Too much! What are you going to actually going to put on the glue?"



Then I remembered that in August glue was on sale, like 6 for a dollar, and I stocked up. And I thought, what do I care if they don't use the glue to affix something to something else. Everyone is so happy right now, no one has noticed that I am eating chocolate chips out of the jar.




Plus, look at how it teaches them to deal with adversity. "No mo' goo is comin' out!"



And the satisfaction of squeezing mo' goo out all by yourself.



And the utter joy of creating something uniquely yours, even if no one knows what it is and you have glue on your eyelashes.


Not to mention the utter joy of the mama not sharing chocolate chips.

4 comments:

Brooke said...

Look at his grin. He is have a ball with his glue :D So cute.

Laura said...

Wonderful! I think "puddles of glue" is a developmental step. Forget "dot, dot, dot, just a little, not a lot". When I taught playgroup we glued everything. The parents would come to pick them up and say,"what happened, did you spill your glue?" Well, no, not really. Have fun boys!

tessa said...

cute!

Kylie said...

Haha! You make me laugh! I should've come over and eaten chocolate chips with you!

Glad the boys enjoyed the gluing so much. (Maybe you should get them into wall-papering?)