Saturday, October 31, 2009

Ahoy

We had a fantastic Halloween and the boys looked fiercely adorable in their pirate costumes. Mom made the vests, pants, and sashes with creative direction from Tessa. The challenging part was getting all the pieces on all the boys at the same time, so you'll have to use your imagination to put the ensemble together from the various pictures here. They did wear the completed outfits for the actual trick-or-treating, but of course I left my camera in the car. I hope I never forget how much fun that was. They tromped up to each house excitedly and chimed 'Trick or treat' so sweetly. Evan was saying it by the end of the night like such a big boy. Then tay day, he would say as each handful of sugar went into the bucket. It was better than I had ever imagined.
Don't worry, that is a clean diaper on the floor behind him.
Kirk models the earring and sword .

Ethan is not actually posing as a pirate, he is trying to whack Evan. Looks good, though.

Evan gets stitches (unrelated to above).

The hat.


A happy, sugared-up boy.

The only picture I managed to get of them both in their Halloween shirts, even though Ethan proclaimed that he was going to wear his forevah. (He only made it 3 solid days and nights.)

So there you have it!

3 comments:

Brooke said...

Avast! Those eeerrrr the cutest little scally-wags me e'er did see!
:)
You did just fine with the photos!! It is hard to hit a moving target. I was bribing mine with candy to get them to sit still. Hee hee! I am glad you all had a good Halloween. Your mom did a great job with the costumes!!!

Jenny said...

A little boy with a harmonica? You are a braver woman than I.

kayder1996 said...

Very cute pirates. And as to the harmonica...I bought both of ours recorders for stocking stuffers this year. (Derek thinks I'm nuts.)